CAREERS AT METAL WORKS MFG. CO.
Please see open positions below.
The position of Estimator performs analytical, technical, and/or administrative work in assisting the production staff. This person is responsible for the front end of project cycle to include product costing, quote submission, contract and drawing review, router creation, and serve as customer liaison.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares cost estimates by analyzing proposals, drawings, specifications, and other related documents.
- Determines “make versus buy” decisions for fabricated items based on cost, lead times, feasibility, etc.
- Presents detailed cost breakdown of material, labor, and time requirements by assemblies and sub-components.
- Maintains cost database by entering and backing up data.
- Responsible for the upkeep of drawings, bills of material, routings, and other technical documentation.
- Reviews customer purchase order, quality clauses, and other contract documents for additional requirements not listed on drawings or specifications.
- Creates Bill of Materials (BOM) and Routings within Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) software system (work orders).
- May be called upon to create/edit AutoCAD files and 3-D solid models
- Provide assistance to Operations Department and other company disions as needed.
- May be asked to serve as technical liaison to customers, vendors, and other personnel outside the company.
- Provide on-the-job training to new staff.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and conduct at all times while representing the company.
- Abides by all company policies and safety regulations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Position requires knowledge of basic manufacturing priciples, practices, and terminology.
- Must have experience with all Microsoft Office applications as well as AutoCAD and SolidWorks; experience reading blueprints including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is desirable.
- The individual should have good overall written and oral communication skills. The ability to read and interpret documents, specifications, and technical drawings is required. Also, the aptitude to write routine reports, emails, and other correspondence is a must.
- Previous work experience with precision metal cutting, forming, and fabrication would be advantageous, but no experience is required.
- An ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form is necessary.
- The Estimator will be expected to be team oriented, and possess an overall positive attitude.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule, and travel as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, talk, and hear. The employee will occasionally be asked to lift up to 50 pounds and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment, but frequently there will be a need to interface with personnel on the shop floor. The manufacturing floor exposes all employees to grinder dust, sparks, weld flashes, fumes, and other airborne particles. The noise level will range from moderate to loud. Eye and ear protection are required at all times while on the shop floor.
To apply for this position, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Candidates must have:
- 2+ years experience
- Ability to build from print
- Proficient Mig welding (Flux-cored, stainless steel, and hard wire)
- High degree for attention to detail and quality
- Reliable, Self-starter
Electrical Assembly Technician
- Hours are 6A.M. – 2:30P.M. Monday – Friday (Overtime often required)
- Must have Electrical/Mechanical Assembler experience
- Provide electrical and mechanical assembly on custom specialized aerial equipment and other specialized products
- Read and interpret drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, schematics, work orders, or reports
- Assemble required electrical components and consistently provide reliable and quality workmanship
- Assemble electrical/mechanical or electronic systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, and wiring, using bolts, screws, or soldering equipment
- Inspect wiring installations, assemblies, and circuits
- Test product to ensure conformance to specifications. Set up test apparatus to conduct functional, operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production models
- Review work activities with management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School diploma or its equivalent (GED) required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret working drawings, schematics, technical specifications etc.
- Intermediate reading, writing, and mathematical skills are required
- Advanced electrical aptitude related to manufacturing and assembly
- Manual dexterity required for operating electrical test equipment, electronic component and electromechanical assembly
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Effective coordination/communication with team members and other departments